We are proud to present the first ever WAMM Music Video Contest!
Open to anyone (professionals with fancy gear and amateurs filming with cellphones alike) in the Windsor area with the means and creativity to create a short film for a piece of local music. A panel of industry professionals will judge all entries received by the deadline and the winning entries will receive prizes. [prizes TBA]
All entries must…
- be received by March 15 2009.
- feature a band or solo artist from the Windsor area.
- be filmed and directed by a Windsor area based individual or crew.
- feature a copy of the March 2009 issue of WAMM (released before March 1st) for at least two (2) seconds, not necessarily in succession (just to prove you have made a video for this contest and haven’t just used a pre made film).
Other than these rules, the sky’s the limit; the band can star in the video or not appear at all (as long as their music does), it can be epic or simple, colour or black and white, digital or film or edited video from your cell phone, animation or programming, heavy metal or folk or hip-hop or country, it’s all up to you!
- Register with the name of the people involved and the band (+ song) you’ll be making the video for in the comments section below.
- Include your e-mail, then get to work! Be creative and have some fun with the idea; you might even win something!
- When you’ve finished your music video, prepare a DVD-R of your film and submit it to WAMM c/o Phog Lounge 157 University Ave. W, downtown Windsor.
All videos will débuted at our 1st anniversary party (details TBA) followed by airing on local television.
Spread the Word!
To inspire you here are a few local videos from the past few years…
Michou – Control Director: Nicholas Shields -2008
Pat Robitaille – No Superman Directors: Scott Souilliere & Kevin Kavanaugh -2008
The Afters – Never Going Back To Ok Director: Gavin Booth -2008
Full White Drag – No Fire Director: Chris Bibby -2005